For one of our partners in Eindhoven, we are looking for an Electronics and Test Engineer.Keen to work at a high-tech start-up company to help spinal cord injured patients recover, for the first time ever? Then this is the job for you!
The company is a start-up that creates medical devices especially focusing on the development of an unique neurostimulation therapy. They aim to use their technology to treat persons with spinal cord injury (SCI). With 50 people in Eindhoven and 15 in Swiss, they see a future where people with SCI walk again, returning to fully independent lives.
The company is made up of a growing team of committed experts, passionate about their aim to develop life-changing technology for individuals with SCI. Each of them is an expert in their field: whether that’s engineering, neuroscience, finance, product R&D, developing clinical and regulatory pathways or marketing. They work hard behind the scenes to ensure achieving their goal – to provide a viable and safe product that can go to market and aid in the rehabilitation of persons with paraplegia.
You will design and develop automated and manual integration-level software tests for the embedded and real-time software that is part of our, partly implantable, spinal cord stimulation system (Class III Medical Device). This includes:
- closed-loop tests of the software units for each architectural layer;
- closed-loop tests of wireless communication technologies such as BLE;
- verification of timing requirements;
- software error root cause analysis;
- integration and regression testing towards software release.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Create and maintain the automated and manual test infrastructure;
- Create test procedures and strategies based-on software requirements and design descriptions;
- Participate to design discussion, code review, software builds and release activities;
- Provide input to where, when and how to design for testability.
The perfect candidate:
- You have a bachelor or master in electronics or software engineering with proven substantial experience in software development and embedded systems including strong debugging skills;
- You are experienced in programming software that operates in, and interfaces directly with a hardware environment with limited resources (memory, processor speed, power consumption, safety, encryption);
- At least 4 years’ experience in C and C++ in professional embedded product environments, version control, test automation, continuous integration and unit testing;
- You are proficient in Python development and you have experience with software test frameworks such as Cucumber or Robot;
- You have a systems-thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these;
- You are a high-energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a start-up company;
- You are fluent in English. This is their company language.
- Experience with IEC/EN 62304 or with software development in the medical domain is highly appreciated. Other regulated environments (like automotive);
- Mastering in French and/or Dutch language.
Our client offers an inspiring and challenging work environment. An appealing and independent position with excellent benefits and a good working environment in an international organization, based in Eindhoven.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile ofSr. Embedded Software Engineer Tester (1.0 fte)? Apply now!