For one of our partners in Eindhoven, we are looking for a driven Software Quality Assurance Engineer.Are you excited to work in a high-tech environment and work on a therapy that can be life-changing for paralyzed people? Then this is the job for you!
The company is a start-up that creates medical devices especially focusing on the development of an unique neurostimulation therapy. They aim to use their technology to treat persons with spinal cord injury (SCI). With 50 people in Eindhoven and 15 in Swiss, they see a future where people with SCI walk again, returning to fully independent lives.
The company is made up of a growing team of committed experts, passionate about their aim to develop life-changing technology for individuals with SCI. Each of them is an expert in their field: whether that’s engineering, neuroscience, finance, product R&D, developing clinical and regulatory pathways or marketing. They work hard behind the scenes to ensure achieving their goal – to provide a viable and safe product that can go to market and aid in the rehabilitation of persons with paraplegia.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer you will be part of themedical software team that designs, develops and implements a class III implantable medical device for electrical spinal cord stimulation with in and out body parts. The type of work will vary throughout the phases of the project. Within this context, you contribute to the software teams on quality related activities by being hands-on. We strive for high quality software products being developed within an agile environment where we do not want to enforce this by excessive procedures, although some procedures are required in our regulated medical device industry like the IEC:62304.Due to the academic environment within the company, it is important that you have excellent communication skills and preferably you have affinity with the core business activities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Collaborate with the software teams and conduct quality related activities like:
- Software configuration management;
- Release management;
- Safe guard compliancy to the applicable software standards and our Quality Management System (QMS). Non-compliances and improvements resulting from audits are being implemented by you;
- Assess and conduct the software tool validation program according to the risk level of the identified software tooling;
- Managing some tooling being part of our software development infrastructure;
- Create reports regarding the use of 3rd party software being used in our products, so called SOUP reporting;
- Conduct consistency checks on our deliverables (e.g. requirement- and test-traceability);
- In the spirit of an innovative start-up company many other small activities may cross your desk to meet and exceed our dynamic company goals;
- Report and align your activities to the Software Architect;
- Training people on HR processes.
The perfect candidate:
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- You have a background in software development (+4 years in the industry);
- You have experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (+2 years);
- You have experience in the medical domain, and knowledge of the EN:62304 is highly appreciated;
- You understand what it takes to work in a regulated environment;
- You are a self-starter with an agile mindset and a can-do mentality.
Our client offers an inspiring and challenging work environment. An appealing and independent position with excellent benefits and a good working environment in an international organization, based in Eindhoven.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile of Software Quality Assurance Engineer (1.0 fte)? Apply now!