Composites can be affordable for high-end markets such as Aeronautics, Space, and Marine, and our partner has the capabilities to industrialize a broad range of composites manufacturing processes through the means of automation and digitalization.
They work in near The Hague. Together they are a dynamic group of 125 employees. Currently they’re setting up a new Digital team, to push forward the digital offerings to the market. These consist of four elements:
- Automated Robotics Programming, to have a seamless and fully automated workflow from design to manufacture
- Data Insights, to provide clients and ourselves a full and deep view on the processes and systems
- Adaptive Processing, to create a process that adapts to variations in material input and environment, enabled by Digital Twins and
- Client Portals, to make the use of composites simple and efficient through web-based portals that drive the full process from creation to manufacturing.
The digital team is embedded in the overall composites automation team who are developing breakthrough automation solutions to radically reduce the cost of manufacturing. This is with modular systems (robotized machine cells) and with full end-to-end automation production lines.
As software engineer, you will write the programs behind digital offerings. You will do this in close collaboration with the composite (process) engineers and the automation engineers, to close the circle of physical process, automation algorithms and machine controls. As you will be working in a small team of software engineers, the job will be flexible, versatile and fast-paced. Algorithms to link processing knowledge to robot motions and equipment, software to link all sensor data to the cloud and back, and Human machine interfaces, to name a few. Focus will be on the back-end, enabling fully automated solutions for our clients.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop the digital offerings: software development and algorithm implementation
- Build sensor data connectivity and create insights platform
- Creation of digital twins
- Creation of client portals
- Define requirements and specifications
- Programming support to other engineering activities
- BSc, or MSc degree in Computer Science, Software engineering, or similar
- Academic starter or BSc with few years of experience in relevant environment
- Experience with Python and C#
- Experience with programming in an object orientated way.
- Experience with building APIs and designing large software projects.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous deployment techniques (DevOPS)
- Proficient with automated testing
Nice to have
- Experience with databases and SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with robotics languages (KRL, Sunrise)
Our client offers you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of their inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet the company goals. They will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours, including working from home; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
- A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!