For one of our partners in Eindhoven, we are looking for an Electronics and Test Engineer.
Are you excited to work in a high-tech environment and work on a therapy that can be life-changing for paralyzed people? Then this is the job for you!
The company is a start-up that creates medical devices especially focusing on the development of an unique neurostimulation therapy. They aim to use their technology to treat persons with spinal cord injury (SCI). With 50 people in Eindhoven and 15 in Swiss, they see a future where people with SCI walk again, returning to fully independent lives.
The company is made up of a growing team of committed experts, passionate about their aim to develop life-changing technology for individuals with SCI. Each of them is an expert in their field: whether that’s engineering, neuroscience, finance, product R&D, developing clinical and regulatory pathways or marketing. They work hard behind the scenes to ensure achieving their goal – to provide a viable and safe product that can go to market and aid in the rehabilitation of persons with paraplegia.
You will be part of a project team that designs, develops and implements a class III implantable medical device for electrical spinal cord stimulation with in and out body parts, featuring a closed loop control system. The type of work will vary throughout the phases of the project, like:
- Initial focus is in co-operative electronics development of parts of the Go-2 system. This includes implantable and non-implantable parts. Part of this work is interaction with co-developers;
- In parallel you will focus is on development of tests and test tooling for feasibility testing on prototypes (which serves as input for the design verification testing as well). This will consist of software (Python) test development and electronics test tool development;
- Next, the focus will shift towards providing testability input to designers and start working on the development of design verification specifications and automated test equipment;
- In the later phases of the project, the focus will move towards integration testing, electrical characterization testing, design verification testing and execution and validation of test systems. In general, you will interact closely with design partners and manufacturing contractors;
- In the end, you will transfer test equipment and methods from development to the production environment of the manufacturing contractors.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Co-operate with a team of electronics designers to design implantable and non-implantable electronics devices;
- Leading risk burn-down projects by setting up, prototyping and testing concept systems;
- Development and validation of test systems for electrical testing;
- Definition and validation of test cases and test plans for electrical tests for design verification;
- Characterization testing of electronics subsystems and full system;
- Working with the Go-2 team to solve problems and identify improvements in electronics subsystems and full system;
- Design and develop design verification test tooling (in co-operation with partners);
- Design and develop manufacturing test tooling (in co-operation with partners).
The perfect candidate:
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronics or equivalent engineering and you have relevant industry experience, preferably with active implantable medical devices.;
- You have solid electronics design and system testing experience within a controlled process;
- You are a generalist, with extensive experience in design processes and testing of (medical device) electronics;
- You are an experienced Python developer for creation of functional level automated tests;
- You have a system thinking attitude, can identify areas of potential improvement and develop plans to address these;
- You are a high energy, self-motivated, pro-active individual able to work in a diverse team within a startup company.
Our client offers an inspiring and challenging work environment. An appealing and independent position with excellent benefits and a good working environment in an international organization, based in Eindhoven.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile of Electronics and Test Engineer (1.0 fte)? Apply now!