We are a growing, internationally oriented department with approximately 25 employees and a large variety of national and international collaborations. You support the chairperson and the other employees by providing administrative support and managing educational tasks, finances, human resources, by organizing small and larger meetings, by staying up-to-date on relevant departmental procedures and policies, and by correspondence within and outside TU/e.
You will work closely with the other secretary (0.6 FTE). In case of absence, the activities are taken over from each other.
Specific tasks include:
– Administrative support:
– setting up an online educational environment (Canvas), communication and planning appointments with students, processing assessments.
– Financial administration (including responsibilities associated with specific budgets)
– Management of (digital) archive and confidential files
– Website maintenance (regular content updates)
– Greeting visitors
– Management of output data (Pure);
– Agenda management: planning internal and external appointments, including location and catering;
– Preparation and coordination of new vacancies (preparation of job-call drafts, distribution of the calls, management of the correspondence);
– Correspondence: internal and external;
– Organizing (international) travel,meetings, and other events.
– Highschool diploma supplemented with management assistant or secretarial training;
– Excellent command of Dutch and English, spoken and written;
– Skills in using digital media and support systems (including Canvas, Pure);
– Organizational ability, accuracy and ability to work under pressure;
– Flexible and service-oriented attitude, combined with independence and the ability to set priorities;
– Excellent social and communication skills;
– Advanced knowledge of Excel (or other programs for statistical analysis) is an advantage;
– Work experience in an academic environment is an advantage.
Depending on knowledge and experience, the position is classified in scale 6 of the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (minimum € 2,052 and maximum € 2,853 gross per month based on a full-time appointment). You are also entitled to excellent fringe benefits, 41 days of leave for a 40-hour working week, a fixed 13th month (8.3%), very extensive sports facilities and childcare on campus. It concerns an employment contract for a period of one year with the intention of extending the employment contract or converting it into a permanent appointment in case of proper functioning and unchanged circumstances.
Helen van Mierlo + 31 40 2478086