TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond. TU/e maintains close links with industry, healthcare and the building and logistics sectors.
TU/e innovation Space is a place at TU/e where students learn to deal with complex societal and industrial challenges, prototype and develop innovations in collaboration with researchers, companies and other stakeholders. In addition, TU/e innovation Space provides space and support for lecturers who develop and offer practice-oriented courses and in this way contribute to innovation in education. TU/e innovation Space is the expertise center for Challenge Based Learning (CBL) and student entrepreneurship of TU/e, an open community for educational innovation where students, researchers, industry and civil society organizations can exchange knowledge and develop responsible solutions. In 2021 TU/e innovation Space won the top prize award of the first Dutch Higher Education Premiums by the Minister of Education.
For more information see: www.tue.nl/en/education/tue…
- Agenda management for the team and managers;
- First point of contact for Facility Services and other TU/e services and departments (IMS, HR, Internal Affairs, RE);
- First point of contact for team members with operational type of questions;
- On- and offboarding of new members;
- Support HR-Insite;
- Take action for arrangements with Facility Services: storage, cleaning, plants, orders for pantry, reporting of malfunctions;
- Support events and team activities: responsible for overview events-calendar, location arrangements, ordering catering, arrange parking tickets, making room reservations etc;
- Signaling issues in the building like: AV, interior design, furniture. Ordering and follow up when decision is made;
- Floor management: keeping the building (office space, event area and paddocks) functional, organized and up-to-date.
- Ordering various things such as: pantry utensils, presents and cards, office material, computers and other office equipment (via IMS or via iProcurement);
- Prepare the first drafts and contribute to: biweekly updates, core team meeting slides, presentations (for example team-building day);
- Administration tasks such as: coordination data in Salesforce.
Knowledge and experience requirements
- Relevant education at minimum MBO level (eg secretarial / administrative direction)
- Experience or affinity with an innovative, development-oriented academic environment
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written) and preferably also Dutch (within TU/e innovation Space the official language is English).
- Good software skills, especially: MS Office, Teams, Outlook, Miro and HRM systems is required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with the following competencies:
- Flexible and proactive: self-starter who seizes opportunities and takes action;
- Organized and structured: a go-getter who has an eye for order and tidiness;
- Strong communication skills, committed and eager to think along with the organization;
- Service-oriented and passionate about his/her job;
- Able to work in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Able to work in an open office (with irregular interrupts );
- Willing to work mainly on campus;
- Able to work in a team and in an environment with many different stakeholders (students, staff, external partners).
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university.
- An initial one-year contract (0,8-1,0 FTE), possibly an initial appointment via Euflex (the secondment organization of the TU/e). After a mutual positive evaluation this appointment will be extended or converted into a permanent contract.
- The fulltime salary is in accordance with the CAO-NU and depends on knowledge and experience; minimum € 2.310,- and maximum € 3.208,- gross per month on fulltime basis (in accordance with scale 6/7).
- The year-end bonus is 8.3% of the annual salary (equivalent to one month’s salary). The vacation allowance is 8% of the annual salary. The TU/e also offers excellent secondary employment conditions (including childcare, a minimum of 41 leave days for a 40-hour work week and excellent sports facilities).
From the perspective of the gender balance in the team candidates of the male gender are explicitly encouraged to respond to this vacancy.Internal and external recruitment will take place simultaneously. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates will have priority.
Cecile Gijsbers +31 40 2474055 of Linde Keverkamp + 31 40 2476303