Specialisation, globalisation, capacity and flexibility are all keys to the success of one of our partners. This allows them to stand out for its ability to add value to every project, from general building to infrastructure.
Professionalism, rapidity of execution and dynamism allows them to deal simultaneously with complex and articulated activities in diverse geographic locations.
With the objective of always fulfilling their clients’ requirements, they have successfully delivered hundreds of projects over the past century in Italy and abroad.
Our partner has been appointed to design and build a €225m hotel and residential complex in the centre of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. The goal as a QHSE officer is to support the QHSE activities of the holding company and related projects and subsidiaries.
QHSE Officer is responsible for:
- adopting the HSE standards, guidelines and best practices defined by HSE office and ensuring their application following the Area/Project Manager indications;
- identifying the most appropriate Personal Protection Devices for the various tasks and/or workers and the systems for checking application of such measures;
- analysing and correcting the related risks, making sure that the personnel are informed and trained in matters of accident prevention and are provided with protection and emergency equipment;
- providing first-aid and rescue services;
- drafting instruction manuals, providing notices and sheets indicating the correct use of machines and systems;
- analysing any accidents and report promptly to the appropriate authorities, conducting investigations and informing the persons exposed to the damage;
- attending the periodical safety management meetings called by the company;
- checking that all activities are carried out in accordance with criteria of quality and environment-friendliness, as defined in the internal procedures and quality plans;
- providing active support at central/local/project level thanks to systemic internal auditing activities aimed at highlighting any failures on the part of the company to comply with regulations;
- promoting the actions required to prevent and eliminate the occurrence of non-conformities;
- conducting safety inspections and reporting the results, to check the application of the safety plans and procedures for protecting the physical integrity and health of personnel;
- leading the safety team in the site premises, such as precast yard and erection sites;
- drafting the operational safety plans, the safety and coordination plans, the risk assessment documents and the single document for assessing risks due to interferences according to legislative decrees and subsequent updates;
- drafting the safety procedures or the various activities of the company and subsidiaries and projects;
- drafting the environmental plans;
- assisting the site staff in obtaining environmental permits (noise, emissions) and about all aspects of environmental conditions and safety on site;
- recognizing the reference standards and any updates thereof and document for interpreting them;
- interfacing with HSE personnel in charge at the job sites;
- assisting the HSE Manager in preparing and organising training plans regarding safety and environment;
- familiarity with safety standards and environmental regulations;
- familiarity with the standards for Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) and Safety (OHSAS 18001);
- familiarity with product certification standards;
- familiarity with the processes implemented by the company and with the reference profiles for all company functions;
- excellent knowledge of Dutch and English;
- familiarity with the legislation concerting works contracts and public works and the relevant laws;
- ability to organize the activities in the framework of the process managed and in relation to the other corporate processes, identifying and removing the inefficiencies;
- bachelor’s degree in civil or construction or environmental engineering/architecture;
- relevant experience on similar roles;
- experience within multicultural and international environment working for General contractor companies in private and public civil engineering projects;
- good knowledge of MS Office Suite;
Our client offers you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of their inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet the company goals. They will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Apply now! For more information please contact: