Eindhoven University of Technology is a young university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on mentality. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow. The TU/e campus is located in the center of one of the most powerful technology hubs in the world: Brainport Eindhoven. Together with other institutions, TU/e forms a thriving ecosystem with one common aim – to improve quality of life through sustainable innovations.
Project Development Office (PDO)
The Project Development Office (PDO) is the central hub for all activities related to acquisition of research funding and proposal/project development. PDO supports the researchers in finding interesting funding opportunities, developing their research ideas, coordinating with (inter-)national consortia and funding agencies and developing competitive project proposals.
In this position you pro-actively guide and support the scientific staff members in the process of tracking (external) funding opportunities especially in the themes health, vitality & food. You also support the researchers in the process of developing and writing project proposals and building consortia with stakeholders/project partners.
- Assisting in the discussions of the development of project ideas;
- assisting in locating appropriate partners for the proposal;
- assist in checking all rules and finer details of the call and making certain all is aligned and requirements for co-funding is known;
- assist in setting up meetings with partners to discuss proposal development; keeping track of all email correspondence with partners;
- organizing the necessary administration needed for starting the proposal application process (i.e.. Setting up online profile etc., gathering info from partners);
- liaising with finance department at TU/e and negotiating with partners about the budget allocation;
- Organizing regular meetings with partners regarding the development of the proposals;
- Assist in writing non-scientific sections of the proposals or the impact section;
- Where appropriate, the implementation of project management in the case of successfully acquired projects.
- Managing the portfolio of projects.
- Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within the faculty and (4) scientists within the TU/e.
- Participation in national and international meetings about research programs.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• An academic background, PhD degree is an advantage.
• Knowledge or demonstrated affinity with technology as well as social sciences and humanities and also industrial processes, preferable in Health and Food.
• Several years professional experience, for example in industry, a research consultancy, a research institute or a university.
• Experience in research and innovation project development;
• Knowledge of the formal/administrative elements of calls and programmes, knowledge of the programmes of relevant Dutch (NWO, RFO, STW) and European funding agencies.
• Good speaking, writing and communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
In this position we offer:
• A challenging job in an academic, dynamic and international working environment.
• Plenty of room for personal development and growth.
• A market conform gross monthly salary;
• A annual holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary.
• An end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary.
• 41 paid holidays on a fulltime basis.
• A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, and excellent sports facilities).
This job is a temporary appointment for initially 4/6 month.
For further questions and more information, please contact Euflex S&S
Cécile Gijsbers, 06-51164692, 040-2474055, email@example.com