Specialisation, globalisation, capacity and flexibility are all keys to the success of one of our partners. This allows them to stand out for its ability to add value to every project, from general building to infrastructure.
Professionalism, rapidity of execution and dynamism allows them to deal simultaneously with complex and articulated activities in diverse geographic locations.
With the objective of always fulfilling their clients’ requirements, they have successfully delivered hundreds of projects over the past century in Italy and abroad.
Our partner has been appointed to design and build a €225m hotel and residential complex in the centre of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. The goal as a Jr. Design Engineer is to support the design preparation, carry out technical, economic and commercial estimations and evaluations.
The Design Engineer is responsible for:
- supporting the Design Coordinator, during the design preparation process, always in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures;
- following the engineering and design activities related to the preliminary and execution stages;
- handling technical reviews and design details preparing the technical documentations to coordinate the external suppliers;
- carrying out structural surveys and site inspections during the execution stage of the project;
- informing the Design Coordinator and/or concerned offices about possible criticalities and/or diversions and variations from the terms of contracts and/or alternatives solutions, so they can decide the most suitable strategy for the continuation of the project;
- cooperating with the PMs/Area Managers for the preparation of the purchasing request which are related to technical and engineering services, in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures;
- codifying the technical items, drawings and components, in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures;
- cooperating with the post-sales reference person, to define the list of spare parts to propose as an offer to the client, upon the basis on the technical drawings and specifications (Procurement office);
- analyzing the technical and contractual documentation necessary to develop any engineering activity;
- developing computations, verifying the results through the comparison with past similar projects and/or software testing;
- archiving the technical documents according to internal guidelines and procedures;
- knowledge of the reference market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and the company’s competitors;
- knowledge of the field of construction and familiarity with construction techniques, materials and tools, according to the different activities and projects;
- knowledge of the technical standards, regulations, criteria and contents with which a construction project needs to be drafted;
- excellent knowledge of English and, preferably, knowledge also of other languages (French, Spanish, Russian);
- familiarity with the legislation concerting works contracts and public works and the relevant laws;
- ability to organize the activities in the framework of the process managed and in relation to the other corporate processes, identifying and removing the inefficiencies;
- ability to read technical drawings and prepare bill of quantities;
- bachelor’s degree in civil/construction/architecture/mechanical/electrical engineering;
- relevant experience on similar roles;
- experience within MEP companies or technical offices;
- good knowledge of design and engineering dedicated software such as AutoCad/Solidworks/Robot/Inventor/Revit/SAP;
- good knowledge of MS Office Suite;
Our client offers you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of their inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet the company goals. They will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Apply now! For more information please contact: