Eindhoven University of Technology is a young university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on mentality. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow. The TU/e campus is located in the center of one of the most powerful technology hubs in the world: Brainport Eindhoven. Together with other institutions, TU/e forms a thriving ecosystem with one common aim – to improve quality of life through sustainable innovations.
Department of Industrial Design
The Department of Industrial Design (ID) is a young and rapidly growing department focusing on creating intelligent systems, products, and related services in a societal context. These a priori innovative systems enable people to interact with the environment in an optimal and flexible way. Research at the department of Industrial Design is focused on two areas or thematic clusters: Systemic Change and Future Everyday.
The Systemic Change (SC) cluster focuses on designing innovations that have impact on systemic structures and groups of people, ultimately aiming to address large-scale issues such as urban health, future mobility and sustainability. Field data is used in novel iterative and circular research-through-design processes involving strategic alliances of stakeholders.
The Future Everyday (FE) cluster investigates the everyday interactions between individual people and the highly interconnected technology that surrounds them. We measure, model and design for the user experience when individuals interact with social-technological networks in their homes, at work, in transit, while doing sport or going out.
Project Development Office (PDO)
The Project Development Office (PDO) is the department’s central hub for all activities related to acquisition of research funding and proposal/project development. PDO supports the researchers in finding interesting funding opportunities, developing their research ideas, coordinating with (inter-)national consortia and funding agencies and developing competitive project proposals.
A pro-active networker with affinity for Innovation, Scientific Research and Technology
• Tracking and actively searching suitable opportunities for research funding and proactively initiating proposals together with scientists.
• Actively supporting scientists in writing research proposals.
• Where appropriate, the implementation of project management in the case of successfully acquired projects.
• Managing the portfolio of projects.
• Building and maintaining networks with (1) potential research partners/consortia, (2) funding institutions, (3) scientists within the faculty and (4) scientists within the TU/e.
• Participation in national and international meetings about research programs.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• An academic background, PhD degree is an advantage.
• Knowledge or demonstrated affinity with technology as well as social sciences and humanities and also with industrial processes.
• 1 to 3 years professional experience, for example in industry, a research consultancy, a research institute or a university.
• Experience in research and innovation project management is an advantage.
• Knowledge (or ambition to obtain) of the formal/administrative elements of calls and programmes, knowledge of the programmes of relevant Dutch (NWO, RFO, STW) and European funding agencies.
• Good speaking, writing and communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Please apply before the 18th October by uploading your up-to-date resume and cover letter via www.euflex.nl
Conditions of Employment
In this position we offer:
• A challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious group and department.
• Plenty of room for personal development and growth.
• An academic, international and dynamic working environment.
• A gross monthly salary between € 2.709,- and € 4.274,- (on a full-time basis), depending on experience and knowledge (scale 10 CAO VSNU).
• A annual holiday allowance of 8% of the annual salary.
• An end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of the annual salary.
• 41 paid holidays on a fulltime basis.
• A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities).
For further questions and more information, please contact Euflex S&S
Cécile Gijsbers, 040-2474055, email@example.com
Marijella van der Klugt 040-2476345, firstname.lastname@example.org
A profound job profile is available upon request.