TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond.
Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences
The Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences has two subdepartments (Schools). The work of the School of Industrial Engineering revolves around organizing and maintaining production chains for products and services. The School focuses mainly on the high-tech industry and the healthcare sector. Besides production and distribution, other aspects also play a role, such as product design, marketing, innovation, information systems, creativity and human behavior.
The successful implementation of innovations in society plays an important role within the School of Innovation Sciences. This subdepartment is engaged in the mapping and analysis of the risks to the natural and built environments, the consequences for society over the longer term and the perception of consumer needs. Its focus extends beyond western countries to include developing countries.
The School of Industrial Engineering currently has about 828 bachelor’s students, 542 master’s students and 133 employees, of which 29 PhD students. The School of Innovation Sciences has about 379 bachelor’s students, 157 master’s students and 92 employees, of which 17 PhD students.
Are you an expert in data-driven optimization, and intelligent decision support through methods of Artificial Intelligence? We are looking for a Full Professor in Business Intelligence with a focus on those topics.
As Full Professor in Business Intelligence your main challenge is to develop novel Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods and techniques that can be used in practice to optimize operational business processes. This includes healthcare processes, (high-tech) production processes, and logistics and transportation processes, where your can help to better serve patients, customers, or employees by supporting them effectively with Artificial Intelligence.
As a successful candidate, you will collaborate with other experts in the Information Systems group and in the department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences. In that way you will benefit from collaboration with experts in areas such as, of course, Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence, but also Business Process Management, Business Engineering, and Operations Research.
You will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research; teach and co-develop courses in Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; gather, initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; supervise Ph.D. students, contribute to the management of the group and the department, and promote and supervise early-career scientists.
In this role you can make use of and collaborate with the Eindhoven Artificial Intelligence Systems Institute (EIASI) network. EIASI brings together all AI activities of TU/e. Top researcher from various research groups work together to create new and exciting AI applications with a direct impact on the real world. All this in close collaboration with our student teams and representatives from industry.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
• You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as computer science, artificial intelligence, or information systems;
• You have a proven track record of publications in international journals and conference proceedings of high quality;
• You have a strong scientific network, proven by joint collaborations, projects, and publications;
• You have a proven track record in obtaining research grants;
• You have experience in management of professionals;
• You are a good lecturer, shown for instance by experience in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts;
• You have excellent communication, organization and leadership skills. Excellent mastering of the English language is required;
• You are creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
• A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
• You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
• Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
• Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
• A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
• Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the ‘apply’-button on this page.
The application should include a:
• Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
• Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
• List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
• Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
• Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled.
Cécile Gijsbers ++31402474055, ++31651164692