Our client is a (start-up) medical device company with the goal of commercializing the world’s first feedback controlled, closed loop neuromodulation system. The head office of our client is based in Sydney, Australia, besides that they are also active in the United States, UK and the Netherlands. In total the company has about 70 employees. The teams within the organization are made up of world-class engineers, clinicians and seasoned professionals with experience in bringing medical technologies to life.
Do you have a passion for technological innovation, helping patients, and building lasting relationships with end customers? We are seeking for an experienced Field Clinical Engineer for the Belgium market.
As a Field Clinical Engineer you will provide clinical and technical support to teams during surgeries, implants, and follow-ups. You will do this by arranging all necessary equipment and products required for device implants and demonstrate expertise in all aspects of implant and troubleshooting techniques. You will perform interrogations of our client’s device systems, and provide technical support to Health Care Professionals. Furthermore, you will be responsible for all clinical follow ups and the implementation of specific materials for supporting the sales and distribution efforts. You will also be responsible for training and inducting new customers to a level and competence desired for best clinical outcomes. Duties may include activities outside of the designated country, so real learning on the job.
- Participates during surgeries and implants of products to provide troubleshooting and other technical assistance;
- You will further support clinical cases by assisting with related activities, including data gathering, equipment set-up, calibration, and record keeping;
- You will implement standardized case procedures that are outlined in the Field Clinical Engineering guide to ensure highest possible servicing of patients / physicians. Guide includes procedures for the following; patient programming, patient management, site management;
- Serves as an effective representative to hospitals by training investigators and all staff involved at sites on proper use of our client’s equipment.
- Completes necessary documentation and regularly coordinates with the Australia engineering team to increase knowledge of the most up to date technical expertise and troubleshooting solutions;
- Performs duties in compliance with our client’s Quality System;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Further, for the Educational support you will:
- Educate and train Hospital Pain teams including physicians, clinical team, and office staff on technical matters relating to our product by conducting and/or coordinating.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Biomedical Engineering, Life Sciences, Neuroscience, related field or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years workexperience in Medical Devices or simular.
- You have organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage a varied workload in a complex environment;
- You take initiative, you have the ability to work under limited direction, you have excellent interpersonal skills, and strong team working skills.
- Sound judgement, ability to retain confidentiality and use discretion.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong ability to gather feedback from investigators, prioritize clinical needs, and translate needs into specific clinical systems requirements, architecture, and interface specifications;
- A demonstrated ability to work with staff at different levels within clinical sites and an ability to deal sensitively with people from different cultures;
- Passion for technological innovation, helping patients, and building lasting relationships with end customers;
- Knowledge of neurophysiology and experience with the analysis of physiological signals.
Our client offers an inspiring and challenging work environment where you are stimulated to develop yourself. Besides training-on the- job you will also receive intensive courses in Australia and the United Stated. With our client you do not just choose for a job, you choose for a career. An appealing and independent position with excellent benefits, a good working environment and excellent career and development opportunities in an international organization.
Jonathan Conep + 31 40 2478622