Do you want to make the world a more inclusive and connected place? Look no further, we have got the right job for you!
45% of households worldwide have little or no access to internet. To improve coverage and tackle this digital divide, more cell towers will need to be built. It is our client’s mission is to build high capacity free space optics systems (FSO) that can be deployed fast, cover long distances and are highly secure. Our client believes that giving people access to better communication infrastructure will not only allow the of exchange of more information but could also play a part in reducing inequalities in the world.
Our client is a startup based in Eindhoven with an ambitious mission but they are not alone. Their partners include Eindhoven Startup Alliance (which includes ASML and Philips), multinational telecom system integrators, global research institutes, universities and innovative manufacturers.
In your role as Electronics Engineer you will support our client in their mission, by helping them to build and develop new systems for FSO communications. You will be responsible for:
- Design of analog circuits for free-space optical communication systems.
- Development of prototype mixed signal PCBs for platform development.
- Involvement in the full-cycle product development: hardware design, prototyping, and preparation for production.
- You have a master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar
- Experience with PCB development (design, simulation, layout, soldering, testing)
- Experience in one or more of: optical data receivers and transmitter (PIN, APD based), laser drivers and modulators, power management electronics, opto/mechanical components for alignment, components for data processing, conversion, and communication, …
- Solid knowledge of analog electronics principles (including ESD, EMC, EMI, lifetime, …)
- You MUST have an EU Work Visa or EU Citizenship or the right to work within the EU.
- Strong English verbal and communication skills.
- Able to present yourself and necessary technical details to our customers.
- Team player and builder; good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work closely with a wider engineering team within the company and at our partners.
- Prepared to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team while able to work autonomously.
- Self-propelling, flexible, showing initiative, result driven.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to have fun.
This is what you can expect:
Our client’s company is a dynamic organization which employs some of the brightest minds in the industry and takes great care of both their clients and their employees. Working for our client’s company gives you a unique experience to develop your skills in an international setting and work on exciting projects. You will work on challenging assignments and have the opportunity to witness the impact of your work. On top of that our client offers highly competitive compensation, the highest standards of inclusion, team spirit, and cooperation. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.