Have you found a student assistant or work student who is going to support you? That is something EuFlex arranges as well. Depending on the number of hours that the student will have to work we determine what the best option is.

Student assistant

Your first option is a student assistant. He / she works fixed hours for a certain project with a minimum of 20 hours total. A student assistant is someone who is enrolled as a student at TU/e and who contributes to scientific education or research. If someone works less than 20 hours please register him/her as a work student. Student assistant salaries are based on ECTS. The employment of a student assistant has to end when a person is no longer enrolled as a student at TU/e.


If you have any questions, please contact us: 


Luna de Plint, room 1.140 – TU/e Campus Eindhoven.

Work Student

The second option is what we call a work student (0-hours contract for on-call work). Work students solely perform administrative of organisational tasks. These tasks are usually incidental and do not have a fixed number of hours. In case someone works less than 20 hours in total, please register this student as a work student as well. Work students have a fixed hourly wage of €14,00 and is NOT based on ECTS.

(If you have a work student that you would like to pay more, e.g. according to student assistant rates, please indicate on the request form)

Discuss with the student whether the assignment includes the processing of confidential data, what is expected from the student regarding this data, and what the risks of leaking this data are.

Our rates are based on recruitment by TU/e. If you want us to recruit student assistants or work students, click here.

Onno, Janine, Maarten and Anita are pleased to help you!

Work permit

Non-EU students usually require a work permit. If a student needs a residence permit for his / her study, a work permit is issued more easily. In that case it is not checked if someone else within the Netherlands could also fulfil the vacancy. They only check if the circumstances of the job are fiduciary. The student is only allowed to work a maximum of 16 hours per week, or 3 months fulltime in June, July and August.

Fine – You risk a fine of € 8.000 – 12.000 if you do not have a valid work permit for your student and the student can lose his / her residence permit.

Residence permit – The student is obliged to have a valid residence permit.

Residence permit study – with a residence permit for study purposes a student is allowed to work a maximum of 16 hours per week of 3 months fulltime during June, July and August.

Health insurance – The student is obliged to get Dutch basic health insurance as soon as he / she starts to earn income from work. In that case, a private student insurance is not sufficient. A student can apply for ‘zorgtoeslag’ (health allowance).

Please contact our Contract & Payroll Services department for more information or click below to register your student.

You and EuFlex. A match made in Brainport

If you have a specific question you are always welcome to contact us.

Contact us